BATHROOM CLEANING TIPS
The bathroom is one of the most-used rooms in the house. Because of this, it’s also one of the hardest to keep clean. In addition to frequent use taking a toll, steam from the shower and sink create the perfect atmosphere for dust, soap scum and spotty mirrors. Molly Maid is here to help you keep your bathroom clean and reduce germs.
About Our Bathroom Cleaning Services
As part of our house cleaning services, Molly Maid thoroughly cleans all surfaces throughout the bathroom. This includes wiping down windowsills, baseboards, blinds and more. Our experts scrub and remove soap scum from your shower, tub, tile and grout. Next, we focus on the sink by wiping down the vanity, mirror and countertops to remove all water spots, toothpaste and buildup. Perhaps most importantly, we clean the entire toilet inside and out – you’re welcome! We finish by vacuuming bathmats and mopping the bathroom floor to remove hair and debris. We even go the extra mile by polishing faucets, drains caps and towel holders.
What do we clean?
- And more – custom cleaning plans are available!
Bathroom Cleaning Tips
Molly Maid has decades of experience cleaning bathrooms of all types and sizes. Over that time, we’ve accumulated a wealth of knowledge about how to properly clean this area of your home. These bathroom cleaning tips will help your bathroom stay neat and tidy between more in-depth cleanings.
How to Clean a Bathroom
- Keep a small vacuum near the bathroom, and give the floor and rugs a quick once-over every day.
- Use a small squeegee after your morning shower to clean the glass and reduce water spots.
- Keep some potpourri or a fresh candle in the bathroom for a good scent.
- Put a simple nylon netting over the drain in the shower or tub to significantly reduce hair clogs.
- Keep sanitizing wipes near the sink to quickly wipe off the faucet, sink and countertops between cleans.
Don’t throw out that plastic shower curtain and liner just yet!
It’s no surprise this is everyone’s least favorite bathroom cleaning task.
Restore water pressure in your shower by removing hard water deposits in your showerhead.
Follow these tips to improve your image instantly!
Remove water spots and mineral buildup with these shower glass cleaning tips.
Dingy bathroom tile can make the whole room feel unclean.
Remove soap scum, mold and mildew with these expert cleaning tips.
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
It’s easy to overlook certain cleaning tasks in the bathroom. Make sure you’re hitting all the important areas by consulting our Bathroom Cleaning Checklist. At Molly Maid, it’s our goal to help you maintain a clean and comfortable environment that you’re proud to call home, whether that means we’re cleaning your bathroom or providing you with bathroom cleaning tips you need to get the job done yourself.
Bathroom Cleaning Schedule
- Daily: After each shower, use a small squeegee to help prevent water marks on the walls. Also keep a small handheld vacuum to use on the floors each day.
- Weekly: Once per week, combine the above duties with a thorough cleaning of the shower/tub,toilet and surfaces. Mop the floor weekly as well.
- Monthly: Once per month, be sure to organize all your cabinets and closets within your bathroom spaces. This helps maintain an easy order within these storage spaces.
- Yearly: With regular maintenance, a bathroom should not require a deep, yearly clean. Tasks to do occasionally include taking down blinds and giving them a soak in all-purpose cleaner, and washing your plastic shower curtain in cold water. You should also clean the vents or grilles on the exhaust fan with your vacuum upholstery brush.
Professional House Cleaning You Can Trust
These are just some of the tips we have for keeping a bathroom clean. With more than 30 years of professional cleaning experience, we know the most effective way to keep a bathroom clean is to clean it on a weekly basis.
What else can we help you clean?
Molly Maid understands that your time is precious. Between work and kids and constant running around, scrubbing toilets and cleaning mirrors is not exactly how you want to spend your weekends. Contact your local Molly Maid to discuss a custom cleaning plan that’s just right for your schedule and budget. Call (800) 654-9647, or Request a FREE Estimate online.
We’re Maid for This!